Friday 18 September 2009

Sarina Cass


















All images © Sarina Cass

This lovely work was sent into 1000 Words by a photographer named Sarina Cass of which she writes:

"My Girls is a study of the wonder an eight year old girl has of what it is to become a woman, that magic and construction femininity. My Girls is the study of our bodies in play an action. It is the study of pre-curated ideas of a women's ethos in mythology, fantasy and dream. Finally it is the observation of myself and the ladies in my life when environments are created for them. In order to remain emotional to the work, familiarity is essential - which is why my subjects are subjects who already have a place in my life. I want to offer them these memories. The environments are the places of my days. The subjects captured on film become an equal, if not vital part of their surrounding landscapes. With all luck, the world I aim to capture is successfully documented, and a history is created. With these images, I've worked to create my own archive of time, helping to make the poetic imagination a reality."

Sarina Cass was born in Boston in 1982. She has a B.A. in Cinema and Photography from Ithaca College, and, more recently, completed a M.A. in Image and Communication Goldsmiths College, University of London. Cass has participated in various exhibtions both sides of the Atlantic and was the recipient of the 2005 James B. Pendleton Photo Finishing Grant.

Make a visit to her website for more fantastic images from her eclectic portfolios.